Dr. K. Raju Ph.D.
Scientist E, Coastal Processes (CoP)
Phone(Off) : 0471-2511712
Phone(Res) : 0471-2487220
Fax : 0471-2442280
|Ph.D||:||2005, Geography, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit|
|Thesis||:||Ecological approach to Land use planning for Environmentally sensitive areas: Udumbanchola taluk, Idukki district- a Case Study|
|MA||:||1985, Geography, University of Kerala.|
Training programmes attended:
- ‘National GIS Workshop’ at NRSA, Hyderabad, 1997.
- Training course on ‘Methodology for Mapping of the sea water inundated areas during the December, 2004 Tsunami’, held at ICMAM, Dept. of Ocean Development, Chennai, 2005.
- Training course on ‘Application of Geoinformatics in Disaster Management’ conducted by GSI Training Institute, Hyderabad, 2006.
Areas of Interests:
Land use/Land cover studies- Terrain characterization studies- Watershed studies- Tourism Carrying Capacity studies- E I A studies-Cartography.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Life member, ‘Indian Geographical Society’.
- Life member, ‘Indian National Cartographic Association’.
- Life member, ‘Indian Society of Remote Sensing’.