Scientist B, CGL
Fax : 0471-2442280
|Ph. D.||:||2016, Remote sensing - GeoTechnology, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli|
|M. Tech.||:||2011, Geomatics, Indian Institute of Surveying & Mapping (IIS&M), Survey of India, Hyderabad|
|M.Sc.||:||2008, Remote sensing & GIT, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai|
|2016||-||present||Scientist B, National Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|2013||-||2016||Senior Research Fellow (DST-INSPIRE), M.S. University, Tirunelveli|
|2011||-||2013||Junior Research Fellow (DST-INSPIRE), M.S. University, Tirunelveli|
|2008||-||2009||Lecturer in GIS, The Gandhigram Rural University, Gandhigram|
Areas of Interests:
Remote sensing, GIS, GIS Modeling, Coastal Vulnerability , Natural Resource Management.
- Member in Geospatial World (Formerly GIS Development), Geospatial Media and Communications Pvt. Ltd, A-145, Sector - 63, Noida (U.P.) - 201 301, India.
- Member in GeoCommunity, MindSites Group, 1155 John Sims Pkwy E, Niceville, Florida - 32578, USA.
- Member in Geomatics Association of Nova Scotia (GANS) , Geomatics Association of Nova Scotia, PO Box 961, Halifax, Nova Scotia. Canada.
- Member in Nature Canada (Environmental Protection Society), 75 Albert St, Suite 300, Ottawa, ON K1P 5E7, Canada.
- Member cum Volunteer , World Environmental Organization, 2020, Pennsylvania Ave. NW, #2001, Washington, DC 20006. USA.
- Awarded University First Rank in Master of Science in Environmental Remote sensing & Geo Information Technology during the Year of 2006 – 2008, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Awarded Govt. of Tamil Nadu Scholarship “Maveeran Sundaralingam Scholarship” for the Highest Score in Master of Science Degree in Environmental Remote sensing & Geo Information Technology.
- Awarded DST – INSPIRE Fellowship (JRF) for pursuing Ph.D in Remote sensing from Dept. of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, India for the periods from June 2011 to September 2013.
- Awarded DST – INSPIRE Fellowship (SRF) from Dept. of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, India for the periods from November 2013 to November 2016.
- Certificate course on Basics of Remote sensing, GIS and GPS conducted by IIRS, Dehradun, Uttarakhand during January - May, 2007.
- Certificate course on Remote sensing, GIS and GNSS conducted by IIRS, Dehradun, Uttarakhand during August - November, 2013
- Certificate course on “Microwave (SAR) Remote Sensing for Natural Resources conducted by IIRS, Dehradun, Uttarakhand during February – March, 2014
- Certificate course on Remote sensing, GIS and GNSS conducted by IIRS, Dehradun, Uttarakhand during August - November, 2014.
- Certificate course on Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS for Natural Resources conducted by IIRS, Dehradun, Uttarakhand during January - March, 2015.
- Coastal System : Remote sensing and GIS application (INCOIS Sponsored) conducted by Center for Studies on Bay of Bengal, Andhra University, Vishakapattanam from 02/02/2009 to 14 /02/2009..
- Geo informatics in disaster management (NNRMS - ISRO Sponsored) conducted by Geological Survey of India (GSITI), Hyderabad from 15/04/2009 to 16/05/2009.
- Photogrammetry Applications (6 weeks Training course - ISRO Sponsored) conducted by Institute of Remote sensing (IRS), Anna University, Chennai from 18/05/2009 to 26/06/2009..
- Geospatial Technologies & Applications (NRDMS Sponsored) conducted by Centre for Environment, J.N.T. University, Hyderabad from 18/06/2012 to 07/07/2012.
- Satellite Remote sensing for Earth Science Research (DST-NRDMS Sponsored) conducted by Centre for Earth & Space Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad from 11/09/2014 to 01/10/2014.
- International Training Course on Ocean Colour Remote Sensing - Data, Processing & Applications (ITCOocean & IODE Sponsored) conducted by Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), Hyderabad, India from 10/11/2014 to 14/11/2014.
Projects and Research Works:
- Water Quality Analysis on Physical, Chemical & Biological Characteristics in Thamirabarani River.
- Landuse and Land cover change detection using Remote sensing & GIS.
- Watershed Modelling & Management for Rural Development.
- Geo-Spatial Modelling to Explore the Ground Water Artificial Recharge Zones and Analysis of Suitable site for Recharge Structure construction.
- Geospatial Analysis on Coastal Geomorphological Vulnerability along SW coast of Kanyakumari using Remote sensing Technology.